Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father's Day Card

Well, I'm taking a short break this week from Mystery Scrap - BUT will be back with another round next week.  If you are new to the blog - check back to a recent week and pick any week to start playing along!  In the meantime, I thought I'd post a super simple Father's Day card that I copied almost exactly from this card.  I'm about 150% sure that neither my Dad nor my Father in Law will be checking my blog, so not worried about ruining the surprise!
If you are a stamper and you have never been to splitcoaststampers, it's worth the (virtual) trip.  This website - or maybe I should call it a community - is one of the best resources out there for ideas for cards, treats, and even scrapbook pages.  If you like Stampin Up! stamps, you will get lost here for hours at a time - but it is certainly not limited to Stampin Up!  When I buy a stamp set, I always check out splitcoast because you can look by stamp set and see pictures of cards that other people have made using that same set.  Over time, the way I purchase sets has even changed because of splitcoast.  I used to go through the catalog and see what caught my eye.  Now, I spend a lot of time browsing blogs & if a card really grabs me, I may go see what other people have created with the same set.  Once I see three or four cards that I know I would scraplift (with stamping it's called CASE - stands for Copy & Share Everything) then I will consider buying a set.  Anyway - pick a set that you have or are interested in - go to the gallery, click on Stampin Up, then on the letter that the set name begins with, find the set name and have fun perusing!
There are also forums where you can ask/answer questions, a ton of challenges, swaps, tutorials - it's really an amazing resource.  Another thing I love to do there is look for treat ideas for my kids' classes at school or little goodies for teachers... I typed in the search box Valentine Treat and here is one of the cute ideas that came up... Invitation ideas, favors, birthday party goodies, you name it - you can find it here.
I regularly will type CAS in the search box - which stands for Clean and Simple.  That is definitely the style that speaks most to me.
One last fun thing - as you are looking through the various galleries, find a card that really knocks you out and look to see if the creator has included their blog in their signature - this is a great way to discover blogs by people with a style that you really like. Chances are if you really like one of their designs, you may like a lot of them!  So - if you haven't already becoming obsessed with Splitcoast, go check it out - you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment