Sunday, June 5, 2011

Not what I'd planned, but...

I hope you like it. We wanted to make a little something for Evan's teacher for the end of the year. So at the grocery store this morning, we saw these little candy bar bouquets that were so cute!  I figured we could do something similar so we bought the candy and everything else we needed was already in the craft closet.
Supplies include two types of full sized candy bars, wooden skewers, tissue paper, glue gun, vase, floral foam & Kissess.
Put kisses in the bottom of the vase.
Tuck a small piece of floral foam into the tissue paper as if you Then use hot glue (I used it on the Lo setting) to hot glue the skewers to the backs of the candy bars. were putting a gift into a gift bag.  Then put the foam & tissue paper into the vase down to the Kisses.

 
Then use hot glue (I used it on the Lo setting) to hot glue the skewers to the backs of the candy bars. Almost done...
Put the skewers into the floral foam at different angles & tie the base of the skewers & tissue paper with some ribbon. Voila!  It took about 10-15 minutes including cooling time for the hot glue.  I would definitely make one again, but I'd probably just do several - it was so easy & inexpensive.  Sorry the pictures aren't great - I'm not much of a photographer anyway, but I didn't have the energy today to find a nice clear spot and natural light!

No comments:

Post a Comment