Friday, September 16, 2011

Mystery Scrap Week 27 (Friday)

This week, the inspiration layout is one I think I could use over & over again. Simple & a great way to use up scraps - I love it.  Without further ado, here is the link...
Since you've already got your supplies pulled, it should go together very quickly. Trim the 3/4" pieces into 2.5"-3"-ish lengths and create a tail at the bottom.  Starting at the left hand side, place them until you get to the tag in the middle. Then do the same working right to center.  I put my tag down, then put adhesive just on the bottoms of my paper strips so they'd stay down, then lifted up the tag in the middle and sewed all the way across the page (back and forth). Then I replaced the tag in the middle.
Probably like most other Americans last weekend, I was feeling very reflective. Remembering where I was 10 years ago and reading stories about heroism, stories about the children of 9/11.  Seeing pictures that I hadn't seen in years and remembering the horrors of that day, but also the amazing feeling of patriotism. The way the whole country seemed to pull together.
Anyway, this page is what I ended up with. I'd love to see your version of this layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment