Friday, September 30, 2011

Mystery Scrap Week 29 (Friday)

Here is the layout inspiration for this week by KariAnn S. Her blog is one where I always find great pages (and I just looked back and realized we did another page from her blog in week 24.  I did a very literal scraplift of this one - right down to the buttons & heart shape as the embellishments.   As I was putting it together, I wasn't loving it - but didn't have the time to spend trying to pick different papers. (I think it was the colors... yellow is soooo out of my comfort zone, but I couldn't use anything blueish because the picture had a very blue cast to it that I was only partially able to fix in Photoshop Elements...)  I used the sewing machine again - loving that - going to have to stock up on some more colors!  As I was looking for embellishments, I found some Basic Grey buttons that I got last year and really hadn't touched and the colors went perfectly with the papers I had chosen and Mattie's skirt.  Once I picked those out, my whole opinion of the page changed and I ended up being really pleased with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment