Friday, February 10, 2012

Mystery Scrap '12 Week 6 - Friday

I've now made it through 9 days of Layout a Day and I'm still going strong... only 20 more to go! The inspiration for this page came from blog.silhouette.america.com  However, after longer than I should have spent searching for it, I was unable to find it - so here is a picture of it.  Check out the blog anyway if you'd like.



I mentioned earlier in the week that it makes me laugh every time I see this page... Now you'll get to see why. I took a lot of liberties with this one, but I tried to keep the fun factor and I used similar placement of the photo, a few embellishments & the title treatment.  I think this is a great design to highlight a relationship or an emotion rather than focusing on an event.  This is a picture of my (now) husband and my little sister - she thought it would be funny to try to smash a banana in his face (most likely as a result of him teasing her about something) and it kind of backfired on her.  This is a picture from probably at least 15 years ago and I love it for so many reasons - I can tell it was taken in my parents family room and can see one of my mom's Hawaiian quilts on the wall. Chris is wearing one of his favorite plaid shirts & his Sigma Chi letters. Court's wearing her Washington College sweatshirt... not to mention I love the fact that they have always gotten along so well - Chris really considers her his little sister and she sometimes will tell him things she won't even tell me!  Anyway - I didn't plan it this way, but it worked out well - today is Courtney's birthday - so everyone send her some Happy Birthday wishes!  Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, coming to your blog from LOAD. What a fun layout. Love the ribbon work on the bottom. I love LOAD & the community. And I always love checking out fellow scrappers blogs.

    ReplyDelete