Monday, August 1, 2011

Mystery Scrap Week 20 (Friday - take 2)

So it took me all weekend to finish up this page. I used the layout on page 100 of Scrapbooks etc by Shannon Zickel - here is a (not very good) picture of the magazine page.  I took several and couldn't get it to focus properly.  Hopefully it'll be enough for you to see the basic design. 
I thought this would be a great page to use for pictures from this past weekend of my kids playing with the Pomeranian puppies and my in-laws' house. They breed Pomeranians and they are so good with the kids.  And of course the kids loved being surrounded by little dogs - they think they are all puppies (even though most of them are full grown).  For my page, I had a hard time picking a background color and once I finally found one, I had NO idea what additional colors to add to it.  I pulled out my Stampin Up! Color Coach (which I've had for at least 6 months and never used before!) I found the closest SU! color match and it suggested a brown & a light pink so I thought "What the heck?" I tried it and I really like the outcome!  Anyway - better late than never I guess - here is my week 20 page. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out great, Kari! I love the color combo and the letters you used for "love" - it really pops!

    ReplyDelete