Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas Treats

Each year I like to do a little something for the kids' "specials". These are the art, music, gym, guidance, teachers, and librarians & bus drivers and other fabulous people at the school who make it such a wonderful place for my kids to be.  This year, it was sock cupcakes, sugar scrub & a package of gift tags.  Below are pictures of the first two. I didn't take any of the gift tags, but they were made using the Papertrey Ink set Tiny Treats (Christmas) and the die in the same shape. I used the same set to make the cupcake toppers for the sock cupcakes & the tags on the sugar scrubs. It's a great, versatile set - check it out here.
 
The sock cupcakes were so easy - buy cute fuzzy socks, stack them one on top of the other and start rolling from toe. Keep the bottoms fairly level. Once rolled, rubber band the base & put into a cupcake/muffin liner. If you can find the silicone ones, they'd be great to give a little more weight to the base. I found these ruffly ones at Walmart. You could put a little pompom on top, but I put a little cupcake topper with pink mittens. Put into cellphane bag and add a ribbon & a tag (this one says warm wishes - also from the PTI set).
The sugar scrub was super easy, too. Mix white sugar & body wash of your choice (EDITED - this should be body GEL!) . I used a peppermint and a warm vanilla to make two different types and mix until it's the consistency you want. The little plastic containers are found in the wedding favors section of ACM or Michaels. WARNING: If you use these, this stuff does seem to expand overnight, so don't fill above the line where the two pieces of the box meet or you will end up with a gooey sticky mess!  A local restaurant owner was super sweet and gave me about 20 little sample spoons and Chris drilled little holes in them for me. Wrapped the ribbon like a little present, added spoon & tag and voila! I hope people like getting the little treats as much as I enjoy making them...

No comments:

Post a Comment